As we continue to see scheduled patients and begin to accept new patients, please be assured that we have adapted our protocols in line with the CDC and State of Maine recommendations.
Here's what patients can expect from us:
- We are limiting the number of people in our space at all times.
- We are wearing face masks and standing six feet away when possible.
- We are practicing diligent hand hygiene: we always wash our hands upon entering the room and prior to leaving; we will not shake hands in greeting.
- We are taking extra precautions to clean and sanitize exam and procedure rooms between patient visits.
Here's how we're asking patients to help:
- Please let us know in advance of your appointment if you have had any contact with COVID-19 positive people.
- Please come to your appointments alone. (We are happy to call loved ones to share an overview of the appointment.)
- Please wear a mask. If you do not have one, we can provide it.
- Please do not come to your appointment if you are not well or have a fever.
- Please wait in your car and call us when you arrive. (Do not come directly into the office, even if you are late.)
- Please wash your hands upon entering the patient room and prior to leaving.
Some of our patients have expressed concerns about in-person visits during the pandemic. If you would like to re-schedule your appointment, we are glad to do so, though we appreciate as much advanced notice as possible.
Thank you for your continued effort to help us keep patients and staff healthy and safe. As always, feel free to call or email us with any questions.
Dr. Cindy Asbjornsen and the VHC staff