Our medical practice has adapted our protocols in line with the Centers of Disease Control (CDC) and State of Maine recommendations. We will continually update and monitor these protocols according to best practices.
Here's what patients can expect from us:
- We will respect any individual patient's request to have the care team wear masks during their appointment.
- We practice diligent hand hygiene: we always wash our hands upon entering the room and prior to leaving; we will not shake hands in greeting.
- We take extra precautions to clean and sanitize exam and procedure rooms between patient visits.
- We have installed a heating and air conditioning system that utilizes state of the art technology to keep our indoor environment healthy. The air in our space is replaced every 10 minutes or less. Additionally, we've added the RGF Reme Halo system that automatically kills up to 99.9% of viruses and bacteria in the air and on surfaces while also filtering out allergens such as dust and pollen.
Here's how we're asking patients to help:
- Please let us know prior to your appointment if you have been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID.
- Please do not come to your appointment if you are not well or have a fever.
Please note that as of April 25, 2023, masks will be optional for all VHC staff and patients. We will continue to provide masks for anyone that prefers to use them and will respect any patient's request to have the care team wear masks during their appointment. If trends change, we may require masking again.
Thank you for your continued effort to help us keep patients and staff healthy and safe. As always, feel free to call or email us with any questions.
Dr. Cindy Asbjornsen and the team at VHC